What to Wear: Holiday Party Edition
Got a holiday party invite? If you’ve got a job, chances are you do. The Wall Street Journal reports that 9 out of 10 companies threw a holiday party in 2012. How do you put together a look that says festive without resorting to gimmicks like Christmas sweaters? Here are three looks that will have you rocking the house at this year’s office get together.
Yes, we know, black has a formal, damn near funereal connotation. Still, with the extremely short days this time of year, a dark suit and shirt combo says after hours elegance without going all black tie. Bonus points: all black is flattering to almost every body type and skin tone, making this look a no-brainer. Don’t have a black suit? Don’t worry, this look works with your trusted navy blue and a navy shirt or a charcoal suit and gray shirt.
- Black Custom Suit with red accent stitching and straight, flapped pockets by Black Lapel.
- Black Solid Broadcloth Custom Shirt by Black Lapel
Maybe you want to bring a little color to the party. Juice up your usual suit and shirt combo with a punch of color. After a steady diet of heavy wintry suits all week, this charcoal blue suit brightens up a winter holiday celebration. Dress down this suit with an open collar and a shirt in any color but white and you’re sure to make an impression.
- Charcoal Blue Custom Suit with slanted, flapped pockets by Black Lapel
- Pink Solid Twill Weave Custom Dress Shirt by Black Lapel
If your office is not exactly a suit and tie kind of place, then perhaps a more laid back look is in order for the holiday party. This is the perfect time to bust out a sport jacket. It’s classy enough to show that you paid attention to your look but not as strong of a statement as a suit. With a micro-check shirt and khakis you’ll look put together without looking like you spent all day putting yourself together.
- Knickerbocker Blue with Burgundy Windowpane Custom Blazer with maroon accent stitching and slanted, flapped pockets by Black Lapel
- Royal Blue Micro Check Broadcloth Custom Dress Shirt by Black Lapel
- Brushed Chinos by J.Crew
Which style suits your holiday party? Leave a comment below.
Like What You See? There's More.
We'll send you style advice and intel for the modern man.