What to Wear on the 4th of July
The Fourth of July is just a week away. Chances are there’s some partying in your future and whether it’s the boss’ swanky shindig, a mini-vacation to the beach or just some good ol’ grillin’ in the yard, you ought to look good while giving your work gear a rest. Here are three ways to declare your independence from the Tyranny of T-shirts this Fourth:
Nothing says summer like gingham. Relaxed yet refined, a two-color gingham bridges the gap between white jeans and royal blue blazer with ease. An eclectic mix of accessories and classic shades finish off the look with “the workweek can wait” flair. The driving shoes and shades say I drove here in a Benz even if you took the bus.
- Blue & Brown Gingham Broadcloth Custom Dress Shirtt and Royal Blue Custom Blazer – Black Lapel
- Slim Fit White Jeans – Uniqlo
- Reversible Blue Belt – Club Monaco
- Brown Leather Watchband and Watch – Timex
- Sunglasses – Ray-Bans
- Tan Driving Mocs – Aston Grey
THE BEACH HOUSE
Your buddy with the beach house came through big time and invited you to spend the Fourth on the shore. You grabbed that bag you keep half-packed for just this sort of occasion and hit the road. You figured the least you could do was take your host out for a nice dinner on the Fourth to celebrate. It’s time for a natty sport jacket. Pair it with neutrals like these khaki chinos and a crisp white shirt. Tie it all together with a dash of patriotic red, white and blue in your accessories, hit up the best local restaurant and you’ll surely earn yourself a second invite come Labor Day.
- French Blue Check Custom Blazer and White Solid Broadcloth Custom Dress Shirt – Black Lapel
- Khaki Chinos – Gap
- White Cotton Pocket Square and Blue Braided Belt – Brooks Brothers
- Blue Shoelaces – Stolen Riches
- Brown Leather Cap-Toe Oxford Shoes – Bostonian
Even if your entire four-day weekend plan consists of nothing but watching baseball, placing large hunks of meat on a grill and drinking beer, you can still look good doing it. Roll up the sleeves on a patterned dress shirt, like this blue and white gingham number, put on a pair of broken
- Navy Gingham Broadcloth Custom Dress Shirt – Black Lapel
- Navy Shorts – Bonobos
- Red Woven Belt – Brooks Brothers
- Red, White and Blue Watchband and Watch – Timex
- Blue Driving Mocs – A.P.C.
- Sunglasses – Ray-Bans
- Red Braided Leather Bracelets – J.Crew
No matter what your plans are, these looks will have you ready for fireworks (the public man-made kind and the private woman-made kind) because, as George Washington once told Thomas Jefferson, “Chicks dig patriots.”
Got a Fourth of July style question? Leave a comment below!
Like What You See? There's More.
We'll send you style advice and intel for the modern man.